Thursday, November 02, 2006

Just Adjustment

Just little adjustment and everything goes good. For everyone, who do not stay alone, this holds true that you have to adjust somewhere, somewhat. When you stay with someone, you always have to be flexible for every activity involved in your routine.

[Now comes my 'But' type of argument :-)...]

Even if you adjust, problems still arise. People still misunderstand, people still do not like your habit. They do know your nature, they have accepted you that way and shared a relation with you, but still they hate you sometimes. What do they gain in doing so? They invite unnecessary disturbance for themselves. One of my friends stays with some friends and he/she is suffering there. His/her routine is not accepted by others and they do not behave nicely. How a hatred feeling inside will invite peace?

How I see this - One should accept other person the way he/she is. At successful acceptance, one will feel fresh vibrations of healthy relation. And on the other hand, if any person has to adjust little bit in his/her nature, he should go for it to encourage a mature relationship.

Of course, if you just can not bear a relation, please be open and talk it out. You will get the solution. When there is no escape from a relation/circumstances, please adjust a bit and you will be happy. I mean, Why can you not drift away from your schedule, if that helps a good relation?

With adjustments, remember not to take any blame. Also do not take anyone for granted. All small small pieces combine together and affect a major aspect of your life.

Writing blog - helps me many times. When I started writing today, I was upset due to some similar problem, but at the end I remember that it was my choice and not anyone's behavior. And to resolve a problem, what required is - 'just adjustment' :-))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adjustments always work two ways. Many times we do not know all perspectives of a situation and if you don't then its always better not to draw any conclusions. When you stay with someone, there are some things that must be understood. If your friend not mature enough to get this right, may be he/she is the one who should try to retrospect and adjust!

Why am I saying this? Because it looks like you know only one side of the coin. Sharing apartments with different room partners for a long span of time, I have reasons to believe that adjustments do not work one way. Never ever.

Anonymous said...

Everyone has the freedom of speech.

If I have problems with my roommate, and they are soo serious that they are affecting my well being, I would consider it necessary for myself to either move out, or talk it out with him/her.

When I go and whine about it with other people (outside my apartment), it indicates two things:
1) I am not really "that" affected by it, cause if I am, I wont whine, but I will take some action

2) I am trying to invoke their pity, so that they think that my roomates are bad, and I am being harrassed.

Krupa said...

I don't think I am talking about only unknown people/friends sharing an apartment. Though I took some example of that manner, my idea is generic. I remember having problems with my sister long back when staying in one house, also when I started sharing my room with friends, I have faced the problems. And I agree that adjustment can not work one way.

And about whining outside, Why do you have to assume that someone somewhere whined and that's why I am writing something. My blog can be independent of any input from anyone. And let me make it clear, I have not taken any example of my friends around and no one has whined in front of me.

Though Your thought is absolutely correct, I could feel them as defending one, and I think it is based on assumption.
If this hurts you or disturbs you, I take your pardon.