Saturday, June 16, 2007

Effect of time

Some times due to the stress that I choose to bear, It happens that entire day I stay with some state of mind and then ultimately with some fight within, I sleep. Stress may be defined as some kind of problem at work, or any personal issue with any of your friend or any tension related to any matter.

However, Next morning is fresh when I open my eyes. I do not feel anything but a nice freshness in everything. But in just few minutes when my mind wakes up, it starts playing with the time other than 'Now', i.e. Past events or anything else which had caused any kind of stress last day. Then I lose. That stress affects me at least in some way. If I choose to ignore it or if I find a solution for it then its effect is lesser until I sleep next day.

Basically, what I am trying to say here is - When mind is really asleep or when mind is not controlled by time or events associated with it, then I am totally fresh and happy but not otherwise. This is again in context of any stressful condition that I am walking with. It's not valid to say that I am not happy ever. Of course, I am happy many many times, but sometimes under mental stress, my state of mind is controlled by the factor other than me.

I do not like such situation Personally. I am now trying to accept that freshness that I feel first in morning and take it along, rather than let the mind play. When naturally I am happy, why should I let anything else take that control over and change that happy effect/mood? Trust me, natural reaction is to forget things and stay in the present but over the years, we develop this habit of re-living the time when we are not happy and keep that feeling inside.

I think this is precisely what The book 'The Power of Now' says - Stay in 'Now' and do not let psychological time take things over. (Find review about this book here.)

इस पल में जो जीया,
वही तो है मैने जीयाा;
इस पल को उस पल से जोड़ कर,
मैने पूरा जीवन सजा लीया!

4 comments:

Sathish said...

Stress is like small dust we allow to accumulate (as you said, problem, issue...) and that clog the mind. We just need to open up, and it just get swept away... And it feels very good instantly.

prabhu.i.am said...

"Whether you feel like laughing or like weeping,

just do it like a baby...

What's stressful Krupa, for, you are neither the laugher nor the weeper,

but just a grown-up baby!"


You say "I do not like such situation Personally." That's what is causing the recurrence of the same thought. Don't be mindful of it, and let it pass by... and it wont occur again!

NOTE: Likes and dislikes are the sides of the same coin. You can forsake both and still be blissful. That's the choice you have got! It's your freewill!

उन्मुक्त said...

जो आज है अब है वही सत्य है।

Krupa said...

Yes Unmukt.. Agreed :-)