Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mind over heart

I face a phase many times where my mind says 'A' and my heart says 'B'. Now it's not a problem to listen to 'B' if that sounds practical. But when it doesn't sound practical then go for 'A'.

hmm. this sounds very simple to do, doesn't it? Well, it's not simple always.
Generally, listening to heart is emotion driven and listening to mind is logic or fact driven. So when you see that emotions are of no value in the practicality then wake up and listen to 'A'. I am pretty sure that 'A' is really not what we want at that point of time, but trust me, when your emotions do not fit into real world, it's a wise choice not to go for 'B'.

However, I believe one should be able to define, what is practical and what is not, very clearly.
e.g. In one sided love relationship, you should accept that practically, that relation is not gonna work then just leave the other person free, set the other person free.
But in case of two-sided love relationship, you should go for your heart even if anyone in the world doesn't agree to your relationship. [This is just an example, I can find many more.. but this one suits the post title the most]

1 comment:

Sathish said...

mmm...
Well, A says there is no B, it is only A1 and A2.
A2 says, rehne do yaar.. :)

Practical... mmm.. don't know...