Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Morning Raaga in the bus

My morning Raaga is almost the same everyday. I have to catch the office bus at 7:40, but for that I must walk out of the house by 7:25. However, It never happens.

Somehow, I manage to reach to the bus stop and wait for the bus. Now, my only concern would be - to get a good comfortable seat in the bus.

The office buses in Mumbai (which I have always wondered why they are like that!!) are 2 x 3 buses. Ideally, it is to be called as 2 x 3 seats -- meaning 2 and 3 people can sit there respectively! If someone tells me to define that seat size, I would say it is '1.60' x '2.60'. So, the moment I am boarding the bus, I just wish that I get to sit alone on 2 sitter(supposedly '2' sitter) Or sit with only 1 person on the 3 (sigh!) sitter.

To my luck! This happens very rare. Today I sat on 2 sitter where I was accompanied by a Lady who is healthy enough in my comparison. (No jokes on any one who thinks he is fat, 'coz for a 'thin' person like me (who looks like a stick :(:( ), everyone else is healthier) She was sitting at the window seat and I joined for the aisle seat. Trust me....Out of that 1.6 size of the seat, she was occupying 1.20. Remaining .40 was not enough to adjust myself. I kept on trying to adjust here and there, so that to make her realize that I am almost on the edge and I may fall!! But No! May be she knew that she is helpless as such! :( Well! She could had squeezed herself a bit to adjust, but probably she might had to do it quite frequently since I think the Body mass/material spreads on its own after a while. (At Least, today I experienced so...)

:) In the Evening I go to the bus & Wish for only this, that I get to sit at a better place where I can squeeze myself in the entirety!! :P

The people who designed these Buses for 2 x 3, I really want to ask, according to them, what is the 'Normal' size of a person!!!

~KrupA

1 comment:

Sathish said...

Well... now a days manufacturers are customer oriented... What customer wants.. are delivered... So... is it the company which uses those buses to move its employees.. want to squeeze more per bus?! .. just wondering...