Thursday, February 07, 2008

Income, Attrition...

I am back in office. My friends with whom I had stayed and worked in US, are also here and I feel great to be with them.

In this software industry, we have such a common term called attrition and I believe same is the word responsible for the new recruitments. When I returned to my office after 1.5 years, I could hardly see any familiar face. Whoever I could recognize, for them, I thought in my mind: 'Oh! He is STILL here?'

Fast Growing world, quick money are some of such words that are used for today's era. Everyone wants to earn MORE in LESS time. I can very well gather that in dad's generation, getting a promotion and an increment of a good amount, used to be a very hard earned dream.

Considering the Income boom, I realize that the life style is becoming expensive equally. The prices of Patrol/Gas or the basic routine needs are touching the sky I feel. Not many things are sold in the single digit price! (Talking about INR here)

Point is not that the income standards are growing largely. I am sure there will be a balance between the income and expense. But the large income expectations are resulting very costly for the companies. People leave companies like anything. They join, stay for few months and switch to another company in the hope to get even more salary.

Such a changing resources environment can affect the quality of the service being provided. Who's to stop this and how? I feel that the people joining the company must own the organization from responsibility point of view and not see it only from money point of view. As they say, 'Love your work and you will be successful'. Indeed it's true! Just the way you own your family, do the same with your work. You don't leave your family, if something goes wrong, Do ya?

And those of you my readers, if you are also giving yourself any excuse for not writing a post (like I did for few days), please get back to writing. Remember that this is one of your world where you are so free!!!

Love
Krupa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't generalize. I have been with my company since I graduated, and am still going strong. Not everyone quits for money.

Krupa said...

Totally agreed! I am not generalizing. In fact I am also with my company since I graduated.

I am not also not quitting for money yet. If I need more challenge or have to leave for any unavoidable personal reasons.. then it's a different story.

Sathish said...

mmm... but....