Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Society changes required ~

Have been watching News and heard about the crime rate and the dirtiness in my own country, it Feels bad. But I don't think I am doing anything to change it or contributing much (Except not making my city dirty by doing any non acceptable act...)

Area of cleanliness should be handled by us at an individual level where talking about government or 'bad' ministers etc is of no use! No goverment is going to come to our streets to get it cleaned! NO!

It's a wake up call for "us", Educate people to stay clean, Why so many people want to stay like how they have been staying till today, as if in the mud?

I was sitting in the auto rickshaw and that person must have spit the Red colored dirty 'Paan' or 'Masala' on the road almost 4 times in the journey of 15 minutes. Imagine! Such millions of people spitting on the road anywhere and throwing the 'Masala' cover anywhere.

I heard that Mumbai has become the seventh dirtiest place in the world. Man!! Let's change the fame criteria so that people know this city on good names.
As a solution, I was wondering if I could try this approach (but I am already skeptic) - I will tell any rickshaw person or taxi person to cut the money from his share of rent if he spits on the road during my trip in his vehicle.
"Ek baar thunko aur Rs. 5 Cut karungi.." - Like that..What if everyone does that! Would that make any difference?
On the other hand I felt, probably they will deny to take such people or simply do not agree!! Well..people are quite blunt generally. If they do not want to listen to you, they won't! :( :(

Kaise kare problem ko door? How to make people aware that "Following instructions or rules is good for us, we are not doing it for anyone else!" I found so many people, crossing the signals at 'Red' Light, smoking in the non-smoking public transports, taking the vehicle on wrong-side to avoid a bigger U-Turn, Parking the vehicle on the road side and blocking the road traffic, Taking a picture where the photography is prohibited (this increases Piracy problems)...
--Ain't these all leading to a mismanaged living place?

At one point of time, Media's role was very important and positive, but if you see today, it's just an entertainment channel on TV. Every News channel just wants some 'Masala' to speak about. Everyone is bringing news just to compete with each other, no other purpose I feel. Real time problems like the ones that I mentioned, are not being looked upon by them, RATHER they are after the lives of Cricket Players, Politicians and Bollywood. What else they are showing on TV?

Come on Media, Get a Life!

I find watching a cartoon show much better than the News Channel.

I wish that GOD gives me courage to believe in the right things to change the current circumstances. I really want to contribute in the progress of my country!! At the least, I am going to try telling people to contribute in keeping the streets clean... Let's see how that goes..!

~Krupa

4 comments:

Padawan said...

nice thought... i guess the best way to start is educate the children... elders should educate them by following the rules... children learn good/bad habits from parents... when we were in college we use to actually go to some school every month to educate them about traffic rules... that was successful to some extent.. and I know some Indian companies like Wipro, L&T have some programs where they go to schools every week to teach children... there are many thing which we ignore... like voting... I haven't utilized the basic right given by the constitution to elect the best representative of the people... so I feel guilty to comment on the situation because had I elected a better leader the situation would have been better... but very good article.. definitely I will do more from my side to make India a better place (and will also vote during the next elections)...

Sathish said...

Can we start cleaning? Gandhigiri :-?

Anonymous said...

Very true!!!

The people need more awareness! More than that, a sense of their own belonging!!!

Krupa said...

Thank you all..

Padwan, your comment was really nice.. Thanks. (the mystery still remains, who are you :-))

And YES, Individual awareness is what will help.

I remember the dialog from Rang de Basanti --> End of the movie - it was little bit in Punjabi - but the meaning is "If you sow one, you will get millions of fruits"

If an individual starts, there will be an influence for sure.. Don't give up at your level whatever you can do , it will count for sure!!

Thanks again!