Saturday, January 03, 2009

Flight from LA & more..

I was flying back from Los Angeles after Christmas. In that flight I noticed one thing which I had not observed for all these years. The aircraft had the seat numbers starting from 1 -- going all up to 32 I guess. But there was no seat row with the number 13.

I tried to search something on google real quick, but did not find anything good that can explain why it is so. However, I can say that it's certainly because of the superstition related to the number 13.

One thing I must say that it's all in the mind. I had my roll number 13 during my 12th standard and I achieved rank in the City's top 10.

Another thing about that aircraft was - they did not have TV :-( I was bored big-time. I can not sleep easily in the plane and there was no TV; so guess, what I did? I tried to solve Rubik's revenge . I tried many techniques given in the booklet. I am almost about to solve the Top Layer with only 2 of the pieces mis positioned. Ha ha...

I wanted to solve it and then come back to write about it with pride - but I am so impatient that I could not resist sharing my mid-way success. Once I solve the first level, I don't mind anyone calling me Wanna be geek ;-) ;-)

On a funny note, my colleague in office told me that he better finds a boyfriend for me that I don't spend my time behind this puzzle. Coz I am really working hard for this - deriving techniques on paper and doing lots of trial and error... :D

By the way, Wish you all a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR. I wish to be regular in updating blog and with really good articles. I still remember I used to write much better earlier and somehow 2008 did not turn out that great for writing for me. Let's see how 2009 goes. As I said - all in the mind :-)

Cheers
~Krupa~

3 comments:

Girish said...

You still managed to write 44 blog posts in 2008. Thats cool!! Happy New Year!

Soham Shah said...

Happy New Year Krupa !!

Hv fun !!

Sathish said...

You'll solve it..

Boyfriend too is tempting... ;)