Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Hug n Care

In India or may be just in the society that I have come across so far, we don't have very open acceptance of this very beautiful expression called 'Hug!'. And I wonder why?

A Hug (called "Jaadu ki Jhappi" in Munnabhai MBBS movie) is an expression that takes away all formalities, it gives comfort and it reduces stress in so many situations. It's like an "all izz well" situation in 3 Idiots movie. You hug someone and you say it briefly that you care.. or you are thankful.. or you are there or you understand them.
Honestly, how important that moment is for the other person is not easy to guess but I can promise that it makes a big difference.

I also do not encourage hugging someone you are not comfortable with. I am just saying that many times, if you recall, at the time of saying bye to your close friends or even some other close ones, do you not feel that your heart will feel better if you hug them once? But those times, I have seen it not very easily acceptable to the majority around. I can't get any answer. It just feels narrow minded. I really don't know the thinking on other side...  so can't say more.

But in this attached picture, doesn't a hug look like the best expression ever?
~Krupa

2 comments:

Sathish said...

.... May be we still see hugging in a sexist perception, especially between the opposite sexes... than an act of care...

Krupa said...

yeah may be... but i feel that perspective should be changed.

But of course you don't have to hug anyone u r not comfy with... and that one can make out very easily.