Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Deal with unexpected -

Expectation is the worst disease in this world.

- Root cause for every broken relationship.
- Reason for any new relationship to become worse.
- It demands explanation for each and every action.
- It is never in proportion with what you get/achieve and in turn causes dissatisfaction.

I am never an excluded victim from above mentioned effects. But definitely, I am not the 'forever' victim of this disease.

As Many people believe (Not sure if they follow it or not), 'Take the life as it comes'. I understand healthy competition and mature relationship satisfaction is everyone's objective. I am totally with that expectation. But how is it fair to hurt yourself from that non-meeting expectation?

Self-questioning is the best way to assess your reaction to any circumstance. Ask yourself questions -
"How does this matter to me?"
"How does it change the circumstance if I react in opposite manner?"
"What if I change myself for such situations in life and take this as a general matter rather than a very personal matter?".
"How this affects me emotionally?"
"How important is it for my emotions and ego?"
"Is my ego valid at this point?"
"Is it a good idea to stick to my ego Or it's not a big deal to let go of it in this matter?"
etc.

Go to a place where there is no one that can hear you and Keep asking and answering questions. You will find a solution and relief with every next question.

Sometimes due to previous experience you can foresee a problem. Like how you ask questions when you see a functional specification where objective is similar to what you might have worked upon earlier.
And sometimes you trace back and see why the problem occurred and rectify your program so that it works bug-free. "Debugging" is the word for this in programming world. And I am sure you always want to become a programmer who doesn't repeat the same bug/defect going forward.

Apply the same funda here and Do not let yourself fall in the similar issues in life which occur due to not-meeting-expectations.

Such approach helps stay happy you know ;)

(I hope I am making sense here..)
~kRUPa

6 comments:

Girish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Girish said...

Nice advice!! Thanks!!

Btw, I deleted my earlier post cause I spelt advice wrong :) !!

Sathish said...

mmm... If our expectation/objective is to be happy, can't we be even when we fall?

I Belive, being happy is a mindset, so it is not our choice, irrespective of wherever we are?

Also Why do we think that if we get what we wanted/expected we should be happy and the viceversa.... Is is just historical/heriditary?

Krupa said...

Hi Sathish,
If you are happy when you fall, I don't think you will find a need to rise again because this means, that you are happy anyhow - success or failure, doesn't matter?

Yes staying happy is a choice that you make.
Being alert about making the right choice of being happy in any condition - is not what we are able to do always and I guess that's what we have to keep trying...

prabhu.i.am said...

Being Happy without any cause is the most blissful state one can strive to be in. And its reachable, with UNDERSTANDING and, as rightly pointed out by Krupa, ALERTNESS!

Sathish said...

Rise, fall, Sucess, failure... all are relative words with reference to our expectation.. isnt it?

mmmm... yep, just be aware.. trying to be aware