Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rerun

It's funny and it's shameful. It's really something that I do not know what to do about it but laugh at it and at myself and then take it lightly and forget about it.

At work, since last couple of days I have been doing some practice data loads and some practice runs for overall process of Master Data conversions. (Don't worry about any software jargons, it's not difficult to understand and I won't use the difficult ones because even I do not understand those ;-)) As you picked the right word that I have been doing a 'practice' load, there is a high possibility that we end up finding a need of changing something in code or in the process or in the source etc... The 'we' here includes me and my beloved Functional Analysts (You figured right that I am a System/Technical Analyst). Every new finding in the process involves testing, testing, YES testing and testing all over AGAIN.

I have ended up re-running the entire process again and again. By default my email goes to the Functional people saying 'I have made the required change and re-ran the process, please validate' Or 'The changes are moved to the testing environment, I will re-run the process and let you know when done' Or any such submissive statement. Ah-Uh!

One day one of my Functional Analysts, noticed the 'Re-run' word in many of my emails and came back with a giggling laughter and he told me that I remind him of 'Re-Run'. Initially I did not understand what he meant by that and then he went and came back with the TV show name. Check out the snap attached - HE IS RE-RUN..


Now he calls me -Re-Run. And those of you who know me, can definitely vouch that I look so darn opposite to Re-Run. (Fatso Re-run and thin-koo- KrupA) Gosh!! I was shocked when I saw this picture. But yeah, definitely that day was one of those days when he made my day by making me laugh so much and so natural.

If you would not like to be called as some comic character then do not use any particular word so consistently in front of people. You never know when you will be called as -Rerun. Trust me people, today when I was running the process and even after all the practice when it happened that I had to re-run, I was like UHH!!!!!! Why he named me Re-run? :D It's lot of fun though :-)

Enjoy...
~KrupA

6 comments:

Sathish said...

mmmm.... But couldn't understand the fun part of it. :(

Krupa said...

I got your point, it's not fun when someone who doesn't know me, Who isn't around me read this post

May be this post was not for u Sathish :)

Sathish said...

:) .... May be ...

Sathish said...

... it was not for now, will it be .....!?

Nova said...

Lol!!!! Good one.. u r so right!!! U never know how and when these nick names crop up ;)

Unknown said...

LOL! "Re-run" may be better than "Knowingly Redo Undo Programmer". ;-)

Nick names are usually intended to be endearing and should be taken as such.