Sunday, May 11, 2008

Project that I enjoyed

After a long time, I was on a Project which had lots of hard-core technical work which really did help me in enhancing my technical skills. Also, it was pretty good experience in terms of being at offshore and coordinate the work up to some extent.

I got to learn some soft skills of handling the problem. Generally, we jump into research work, however this time I learned how we can avoid jumping into the problem.

[ In fact, I am not totally right that I learned soft skills coz my Lead (the one who did my performance appraisal) suggested and advised me to learn the soft skills more & better. I respect the suggestion.]

There is a proven methodology of asking question - 5 Whys. This method is very strong and effective. I have not used this method in its right systematic form, but can say that I have used it to reduce the problem resolution time.

I really enjoyed this project, where each day I returned with some learning to home.

~Krupa

[ P.S: I can always create the excuses for not writing here for long time... but I am learning that the excuse game is not a helpful thing I am doing to myself.

So.. with the spirit to write again... here I am :-)
]

5 comments:

E. said...

And you didn't say a word about having a post up when we chatted...and here it is this morning in my reader :).

What project might you be speaking of? You are so cryptic.

Krupa said...

:) I am not being cryptic.. when we chatted,i was yet to write something. Luckily I did write today.

(there was some problem when i was publishing my post & i had to make it past dated..dated with 10th may.. anyways...)

& my project is where i am working as a technical consultant on an upgrade project. Project is about upgrading the SAP system from an older version to the newest NetWeaver Technology version. :)

(I wonder, who non-SAP chap wud understand this!! :))

~ I always appreciate your comment :) Thank you!

Girish said...

Finally you write a post!! Good keep it up.... Now write 100 more this month :) !! Btw, is your Project over?

Krupa said...

Almost over. Month end is the go-live.

I wud be doing knowledge management more than anything else now.

Sathish said...

:)