Monday, May 12, 2008

Bus service and my feedback !

It was about the Bus service. I travel by the company bus to go to work & return. The buses are not spacious enough. I mentioned about it in my morning Raga post.

Anyway!

I expressed my feedback with the positive intention to show to the organization a different side of the coin.

Well, if they keep quiet, I really do not have much an option here. However, I sent a reply to all the Admin people since I did not receive any response for a month.

This time the message reached & I was called for a meeting and we discussed the concern areas. I thought the meeting was successful enough.

I felt good about the fact that I tried to suggest the improvement instead of sitting quiet and just talking bad about it.

Had another meeting today and it was not fruitful enough. I got to know - what opinion company has built about its employees.

Mind it, this opinion is created due to the very employees themselves.

It has happened that any time company provides the bus service changes/facility improvements, the bus fees become the debatable and mostly a rebelling issue. Employees fight to reduce the bus fees & company can not make better contract or deals with the bus third-party contractor. Many employees come by an auto rickshaw or public transport to save the fees of the bus. But if it is rainy season, they would join the bus service since it is more convenient. After all these, company also builds the opinion about its employees that we(employees) have interest in saving money and not getting good service.

So, out of 100 employees, even if 30 employees are ready to pay the price for the better facility, rest of the 70 oppose it. End result -> 70 wins and hence no improvements in the service. Now out of those 30 dissatisfied people, some leave for good or some go for private vehicle or some just go ahead with the bus that is provided & continue with the dissatisfaction.

Sad!

I do not know what I can do more about this. If my colleagues do not want better bus at the cost of paying little more money then how do I go and debate with my admin management?

Improvement is in progress as per what they say, so no action for me at the moment. Anyhow! I am hoping for the good.

~Krupa

2 comments:

Soham Shah said...

Majority-wins-minority-loses kind of democracy wont help you in this matter..

Company has to be an autocrat here and has to impose the new charges without approaching anyone provided that they also improve the service of the bus-commute..

We, indians, are not at all meant for democracy...fear is the thing which can make us better...

Sathish said...

mmm....