Saturday, May 24, 2008

What a start of Saturday ~

It's Saturday and I am in office. Entire office is quiet and there are only few humans that I see if I go out of my cube. (Actually, there is only house-keeping boys and ladies everywhere)

It is supposed to be the cutover weekend for my project, when project work is applied to production. Being at offshore (India office), I do not have any task to perform for this Cutover. Major activities take place in US, at client Site.

However, I am still called to office.. may be for moral support :-)

One of my friends called me and when I said I am in office for moral support, he laughed! He was like 'you and moral support!?' How Sad!

So Bottom line ~

It's Saturday & I came to office by 6:30 AM, I have no company whatsoever of any colleague, I am supposed to do no work related to what I have come for & Over and above, my good friends laugh at me saying "you and moral support?"

Compelete Waste! I feel utterly useless and put down at this moment. I am not sure if this is work or this is personal? Is it my mood or is it something else?

Well, I am here for more 1.5 hours and then I am off to home. I wish my team in US to go live smoothly with Project, where I Play no role. :-(

~KrupA

5 comments:

Girish said...

The management can never predict what can go wrong. And if something does go long, they dont want to spend precious time searching for Krupa, who is merrily sipping Pinacolada on a beach in Gujarat. Thts the reason you are in office. Chill, it ain't that bad!! Think about the fact that they consider you soo important as to make you sit in the office at offshore just in case they need you!!

Girish said...

Your whinning reminds me of the courageous firemen who go to office everyday and do nothing (After all, if there is no fire, they have no work right?). But I bet they don't whine cause they know that they are out to save lives if need be! A problem during cutover will be a big economic disaster for your client. Dont you wanna help them?

JD said...

Krupa,
You need not to spoil yourself because someone saying something to you. Definately people/person's comment hurts and remains with us for long time. It affect us very much. This is true with everyone. No matter who is that person or what is his position. But efective or say succefull are those who dusts-off this kind of things. Do not let other to decide your response. Remember they can affect you, but can not DETERMINE you. Believe that, you are response-able. You can CHHOOSE. Yes, in any circumstances you can choose your response. Moment you think problem is out there, is the problem.

Hope it will help. :->

Krupa said...

Hey Girish,

Your example is really nice.. regarding fireman. You showed me the right perspective.

However, the office visit today, was really not required. I figured that there were no activity going on where Technical team like mine would be needed. Trust me, there was no scope also & Even if it was required, onsite was awake till 11, 12 aaram se..

I felt it was coz of less visibility of certain things being at offshore. I was quite upset with my onsite coordinator this time. And I told him on phone also. He agreed that I could blame him..

But anyway kya kar sakte hai..!!

Hi Jaydip,

Thanks.. Yes you are right.. anyone's comment can not determine 'me'. Friend of mine who said this "you and moral support?" is actually a very close friend of mine and he was kinda making fun.. but at that time.. due to all cumulated things going on in my mind.. i felt extremely put down.

All...
I think I should apologize for such an emotion-driven post..

But thanks for not letting me driven away with that emotion.. :-)

Krupa

JD said...

No need to apologise actually. Everyone passes through this kind of situation.

There is two kind of people actually:
1) Who does the wrong and tries to justify it. Tries to prove it. Tries to say that this is right only. This are the people with bad intention having hidden agendas all the time with them.
2) Who does the wrong unconsciously getting driven by circumstances. And when they realize they have done wrong, they accept it.

You are among second one. Have a proud of it. :-)