Saturday, October 21, 2006

My comfort

Thy discomfort healed me,
what kind of a friend am I?

Your help made me see,
things as right and wrong,
I did not acknowledge it,
what kind of a friend am I?

You valued my emotions,
but I made you cry,
what kind of a friend am I?

This looks true for everyone of us who faces such circumstances in life, where our comfort results into someone else's discomfort. And irony, of course that some one is our closer one.

To get an idea about such scenario- People never cry in front of anyone, but the near ones /friends. Now, the other side - seeing your close one crying, you don't feel comfortable as you can not help much sometimes.

What should be the right thing to do? Should the one who crys, should not cry anymore as it causes discomfort? Or the one who feels discomfort should tolerate discomfort which indirectly satisfies other person's emotional value?

I don't know the answer to this, as it quite a lot depends on the situation, the kind of relationship the two of them own. But when I face such situations in life, I really don't know what to do? Considering myself the one crying, I feel I should not cry anymore to cause discomfort.

But still, what I really feel is, if I am crying in front of someone, that means I might be subconsciously knowing that other person will be able to help me, will understand my sentiments. I may be wrong. May be that's why other person is uncomfortable.

Anyways, being on either side of situation, I don't think I would be uncomfortable, if my closer one needs me or I need him/her.

One should look into relationship in depth, to know the level of comfort. Open communication is the best way to identify.

Have a great day!

No comments: