Thursday, October 12, 2006

Taking granted -

Taking someone for granted - it's really not right. I did this mistake.

Just now I realized everytime I write in my blog about what mistakes I do or what lessons I learn. But ya, I can not portray anyone at fault, I can not judge anyone's actions than mine. Anyways... here goes today's thoughts.

I got so disturbed when someone got hurt because of me. I analyzed what did I do? hmm.. my mistake was - I took my relationship with him for granted and commented something about him which hurt him. I thought every friend does this type of masti but I was wrong. How could I think that every person may like my doing joke. Well, anytime you hurt someone, the best thing is to realize the mistake and apologize for the same. You feel relax. And I did that.

Any action you take you should own that action completely. Take that responsibility of what you do. I made a joke on someone and I took responsibility to correct it. I think I did right. I am not yet sure what that friend thinks about this. Whatever it may be, I am relax.

We keep on learning in life this way. We hurt someone, we realize, analyze and we grow. We make some other mistake, we learn again. :-) As simple as that!!

It looks simple, but it's not easy for anyone to realize the mistake. In fact accepting the fact that 'you are wrong', is part of very few people's nature. But trust me, those few people really don't suffer due to their mistakes because they ACCEPT and take action not to repeat.

The best part of the entire scenario was that person's being so frank and open about what he likes and does not like. I think people should help each other by being open and share it straight if something hurts their emotional values. Life will be lot easier.

Do not take anyone for granted. Don't let anyone take you for granted. Be open and you will see the natural transparency in the relationships around.

2 comments:

Shruti said...

hello dear,
i think you are quite right..we dnt have to take someone for grnted and its good you took responsibility also to correct ur mistakes..and ur fren is also true to you taht he says what he likes and what he donts...
anyways..life goes on like this only..
we keep learning from our mistakes...

cheer up and keep enjoying..

Anonymous said...

I beg your pardon but I think otherwise.

Relationships are based on it. They make it stronger. You dont ask a friend for a shoulder to cry on, you dont ask your parents to be there for you. Interdependency & Initmacy should be consequences of natural behaviour, not adultrated by self imposed generalised rules. Dont curb your natural instincts.

Now being more specific, think about the person involved, did you have a good relationship with that person, how long did you know that person, would you call the person up in times of need. If answer is No No No, then you have done a wrong thing by taking him/her for granted. Thats what you need to learn.

Last, as your friend Shruti said, cheer up and keep enjoying.

My advice : Try it on him/her after interacting with him/her for a longer time then what you have.