Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Saawariya - When I watched..

A movie made by Sanjay Leela Bhansali - a very good director. I perceive him as a director who makes very big movies.

To me, Big movies mean - the set will be expensive and actors will be very experienced and hence expensive too, music will be extra ordinary, the choreography and cinematography will be outstanding, the costume of each character will demand the proper artistic attention and so on...

Extremely impressed by the music of Saawariya, I watched the movie.

The storyline is not realistic. You can say it's kinda fairy tale. But as I said, watching SLB's movie is an experience one must try.

I would not discourage the thought of watching Saawariya. However, try to see on the bigger screen. It's not fun on small screen like computer or TV.

Something about Actors - Ranbir and Sonam => For a debut movie, I found the acting worth appreciating. Not too sure about making an opinion about Sonam, since the movie is more about Ranbir (The Saawariya of the movie). I can say that he is well educated for area of acting.

Rani's role => She is a wonderful actress. She Always does complete justice to the kind of role she plays. She rules the complete range of acting - From serious-to-comedy-to-romantic-to-even a prostitute..

The Choreography => WOOOOOW!!
I just loved the dance steps.. they go very well with the music and do not even look like old styles. All dance crew was coordinating fantastically. You must watch the choreography of songs 'Chhel Chhabila' (by Rani), 'Yoon Shabnami' (by Ranbir, Sonam and the rest of dance crew). Gosh! it's awesome!!

Lastly, I am not too fan of Ranbir's face, but frankly - Overall he looks a very sexy package ;-) ;-)
Sonam is presented more an innocent, pagli girl which doesn't give her sexy look so no major comments for her.

Cheers ~
KrupA

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)

Padawan said...

first positive review :-), not bad.

Krupa said...

Padawan -- Yes... the review is positive and I did mention what all I liked.

Thanks...
Krupa

Onenametoomany said...

mmmm... Didn't try it yet... May not ever... Just happy with the songs....

Krupa said...

Sathish,

If you do not try, how will you know whether the world's choice matches with yours or not..

If the world gives and opinion and if you trust that opinion.. then it's cool :-)

Else you may want to apply this funda of 'trying' in many things.. Not only this movie..

I was able to relate to the picturization of the songs and the dance when I am listening to the songs after watching the movie now..

Krupa

Krupa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sathish said...

Yes.. I may never know that...

mmm.... just went by the world's opinion.

May not be in many things... may be some...

Haven't seen the songs... since don't watch TV... mmm... have my own imaginary setting for the songs...

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie... I felt like being drifted away in a dream!

Krupa said...

:) Yes Nova..I guess yours is the perspective that i was looking for people to see too.

:) Krupa