Saturday, September 08, 2007

Love For a Partner (Longest Post ever)

I write about Love and I am always in favor of any relationship which has a base of love and hence some people asked me, recently, to define Love. I was wondering how would I define it. I am still not sure how should I define it.

However, I thought let me start putting together all the ideas of Love that can come to my mind. This post can be one of those posts which will talk about Love. So if you don't feel like reading about Love, this post is not for you ;-) :-)

There are numerous forms of Love and even more forms of expressing that Love. Love for a partner is one of those. While I am thinking of definition of Love, I thought let me use different way to write down the thoughts here.

'Think' (Don't assume or believe :-)) of me as a person seeking a 'he' partner where I describe here what would I love him for ~
I would love him:
1) For the Friend in him
  • The friend who, at times, will scold me when I go wrong or negative in life.
  • The friend who, at times, can become the source of motivation in anything I do.
  • The one, who will laugh with me when we are doing any fun activity
    • Be it watching some photographs
    • Be it watching a movie together
    • Be it sitting in the balcony and gossiping (don't think that gossip is the word only for women, mind you, it is a Generic word)
    • Be it any stupid joke that we crack on anything or anyone
  • The one whose eyes will have the expression of pride when he finds me achieving something
    • Be it Project success
    • Be it a degree certification
    • Be it a dance or any talent competition in a community meeting or any social function
  • The one who will try to accept me for what I am BUT always there to help me change myself for the good. (I am always open for the change, I don't believe that one shouldn't change for anyone)
2) For the father in him - No, I am not saying father of my kid, instead 'my' father. When, few of the times, if I am upset about something, he will know it and come and 'discuss' with me with his fatherly advice about the matter.

3) For the mother in him - When I am sick or not keeping well, he will shower the motherly care on me. When he comes to me with his capability to nurture me in a way that helps me grow in all aspects of life, all responsibilities.

4) For the Protector in him - Even though when he knows that I can manage my safety, he tries to express his love and care by taking care of my safety. (Mind here, he should not get clingy about it though. )

5) For the kid in him - who becomes crazy when he sees someone playing a video game. When he puts his towel anywhere after shower, when he denies to get up early and needs the motherly love/motherly spanking ;) to wake him up.

6) For the man in him -
  • Who satisfies me for my physical needs
  • Who has passion when he's making love to me
  • Who has enthusiasm in making our relationship grow better each day, just like, I may have.
  • Who can make my day, for example, by just kissing on my forehead and say the simple words "I Love You" Or "Take care" with the pure emotion in his eyes. (I am not asking this should be a routine, but the feeling should be strong one whenever he expresses it)
7) For the self-confidence that he carries with him but still carries the need of my support which can make him feel complete & similarly which I can look up to him for.

8) For the support that he gives me when I am emotionally down. For the empathy that he carries in his heart for people.

9) For the spirit of enjoying the life to the fullest with each moment in hand.

10) For the respect that he would give me for my way of loving people, our parents, our family.

How Perfect does this sound! As if I am in a dream world and thinking that one can get all these in one person. Of course, it is also understood that a person can not be in all/many roles at a time but he can be in at least one of the roles at one time.

Trust me, we all are capable to be perfect for each other with the sense of mature-adjustments in us. If we understand each others' needs, we can change our selves to make each other happy.

Life is not all about 'me' and what "I" need, rather it is about Love that we all need and about the Love that we all shower.


I wrote about 'he' partner but could you not relate to what your partner should be like?

It is not certain, that I get such a partner or you get such a partner or we get to meet the perfect partner. But have faith and be sure that you understand that things happen for a reason so you better learn to accept your life and grow in Love.

~kRUPa

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation.

Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom.

Love adorns itself; it seeks to prove inward joy by outward beauty.

Love gives beauty to everything it touches. Not greed and utility; they produce offices, but not dwelling houses. To be able to love material things, to clothe them with tender grace, and yet not be attached to them, this is a great service. Providence expects that we should make this world our own, and not live in it as though it were a rented tenement. We can only make it our own through some service, and that service is to lend it love and beauty from our soul. Your own experience shows you the difference between the beautiful, the tender, the hospitable, and the mechanically neat and monotonously useful.

Want of love is a degree of callousness; for love is the perfection of consciousness. We do not love because we do not comprehend, or rather we do not comprehend because we do not love. For love is the ultimate meaning of everything around us. It is not a mere sentiment; it is truth; it is the joy that is at the root of all creation.

M+M

Krupa said...

Woow..

Well said!! Amazing. I liked what you said. Who are you by the way? I am not sure who M+M is? I know one M who's my brother :) If you want then disclose it.. :)

Thanks for your comment. It is greatly appreciated. I love to see as many people as possible who would believe in Love as for Love is ONLY REAL.

~KrupA

Anonymous said...

Hi Krupa,

Beautiful writing and acknowledgement on love for a partner....But how does it feel, how do you know the "feelings" "he" invokes inside?

Sathish said...

mmm....

Krupa said...

hi Anonymous,

- Do you know that the heart speaks?
- Have you ever heard what the heart tells you?
- Have you had an experience of looking into someone's eyes and feel the warmth or feel the connection with that person? (This connection is called soul-to-soul connection. As for a soul, eyes are its window through which it looks at the world)

If the answer is NO for above questions, then I would suggest you to practice this -

Talk to your heart,
Listen to it,
Let your mind not question it at that moment. -> Do it,at least for couple of weeks.

May be, your question will go because you will start finding answers within you.

Someone said
"Answers are all within you, Learn to Ask Right Questions!"

:-) Cheers..

~KrupA

Anonymous said...

Well Said...I believe i will heed you wisdom and advice

Dh@v@! said...

LOVE

such a difficult and complicated word to explain

but good attempt i must say.. you have covered everything... i guess

Ravi said...

Your attempt to define Love is what I call the "Layman" language .. which means it can be understood and appreciated by one and all .. Quite a nice thought and moer importantly quite a frank, honest and open-minded thought.
The thing I appreciate here is that you looked at all the aspects of love .. so this becomes an All season , All person Dish .. there is something in it for everyone..
Though I personally might not be as good as you at the attempt .. here are few lines from me :
" LOVE - no rules, no laws, no reason, no distance yet space..
LOVE - Craving, Wanting and Being wanted , to hold and to be held,to need and to be needed, complementing, understanding,passionate, craze, mature, childish,motivation, excitement,completion, ....
LOVE - a never ending mixture of emotions.., a moment of complete relaxation with increasingly fast heart beats, happiness with tears, ..."

OK I guess I wont continue more on it .. :) ...
But on your part it was very gud..

Krupa said...

Hi Dhaval,

Thanks yaa'.. It's not complicated my friend, may you are few steps away from opening your heart. Open your heart and see if you can feel Love.

And this is what I wish - I'll be successfull, a writer, when I can make someone feel what I write, when I can make someone feel LOVE when I write about LOVE.

~KrupA

Krupa said...

Ravi Sir,

Aap se hi to bahot kuch sikhte aaye hai hum... aapka aashirwad hai muj jaise writer par jo kuch shabdo ke prayog se kuch rachnaye banane ki koshish karte hai..;-)

ha ha ..

Thank you for your words buddy. Yes, this time I have done quite a lot work on this post, have done proof reading many-many times to make sure that ANYone, who reads it, can understand what I am trying to say.

"there is something in it for everyone" - I don't know what it means.

But something other than your comment, let me share here..
When I am talking about all these attributes here, I understand it's not possible to have them all at a time, but I DO wish to have all the attributes in the partner which, to me, completes definition of a partner.
-KrupA

Ravi said...

Now look who's talking .. A person who has written 58 blogs and numerous answers to her queries says she is learning from me.. who is yet to post a blog ... hehehehe.... taang khichana acchi baat nahi hai!

As for your shared thought, it is a noble virtue to desire great features in one person and at the same time be realistic enough to understand that you can't all in one.. But as u say people can change for each other.. Who knows you may get some1 with most of your desires and then he may incorporate or adapt himself to rest just for your love... as imply put .. Love is not desiring someone.. It is desiring someone's Happiness :)

'There is something for everyone' - U have written from every perspective .. emotional...spiritual .. physical.. psychological.. and realistic ..though short and sweet.

Nova said...

Baap re! Way toooo heavy!!

No comment ;)

Krupa said...

Return of Ravi :-)

hey.. Well I guess I am not really asking for great features in a partner. Aren't mentioned attributes quite common and general? My point is - I would want to identify and acknowledge those roles in the partner and love him more and more for his way of loving me.

It's all about Love in different faces of life...

Think of yourself -
Generally.. even for a friend -
- Aren't you a protector sometimes,
- A friend All the times (the way I defined),
- Don't you own the attitude of enjoying each moment in hand?
- Don't you try to be there for your friend when they need you emotionally?

So, What I am adding here in my blog is to acknowledge that attribute and grow the relationship in Love when it's the Partner who's involved.