Saturday, September 01, 2007

Yeah.. it is plane journey..

Of course, I am publishing this post asynchronously because I did not get the internet connection during plane journey, but it is all written during the plane journey.
Read below~

Currently in a flight-travelling. The plane journey is one thing that I hate the most in this world. The shortest time is taken by journey by air but worst is the space provided in the plane.

I absolutely enjoy the take-off and landing part of the journey. I am always thrilled to see the way the plane tires just get into air when it takes-off. When the flight lands, it is again fun to feel the touch of the land. I do enjoy it.

But rest of the journey inside the plane, Ah!! I hate it. Now there are various reasons that I hate it for:

  • There are many things and facilities that are un-discovered by me in the plane and I don’t feel the freedom to even discover it. I always feel that I might do something wrong.
  • The flight-crew never-ever serves water as a default-serving. You have to ask for it. Sigh!! (You have to ASK for WATER!!)
  • When the crew comes and serves the food or drinks, they never tell you what all they have. They assume you are the frequent traveler and then if you ask for options, they tell you some few drink names and (always) sitting at the window seat, I end up saying either sprite or water-with-no-ice. (By sitting at window seat I mean that I can not ask many questions and disturb other people)
  • There is very little leg-space. And “I” never get to expand my seat-backwards to make it more comfortable because the person behind me is always doing something and unfortunately, the person in front of me always has pushed his seat backwards. I think I just get some space to survive and hence I always wish the flight duration should be very minimal.
  • Yeah, another thing I forgot to mention. Whenever I enter the flight and open the cabin to put my luggage, I don’t find space there. Even though I reach the airport so-in-time, I get no freedom to put my luggage properly.

Okay, today, there occurred a funny incident. I was sitting in the first row in economy classs area which starts where the Business area ends. The staff had just started serving drinks. I wanted to go to the restroom but they were in my way to the restroom, they told me to use the rest-room on business class side. Well, frankly, when she told me to use it, I assumed it is normal to use that restroom. However, it was assumption and it turned out to be a false one. J When I went second time, she let me use it but when I came out she, politely, told me to use the economy class restroom :D..lol..

Well, this wasn’t enough. We see people and derive more assumptions ;-) The fellow, sitting in my row also thought it is okay to use that restroom. (Of course, he did not see that lady telling me not to use it.. ha ha..) So he also went there and then finally the staff member came and closed the partition between economy and business class.

I enjoyed that incident ;-). However, if I am sitting in business class then I would not bother about someone from economy class-using the restroom. How does it matter? The person using it is a well-mannered human. Anyways, I guess it’s the crew’s duty to make sure rules are followed.

I am still some half an hour away from my destination. I wish it gets over sooooooon.

(After few minutes) I just came back from using the restroom in economy class and frankly there was not difference except the way the door opens (;-)). But let me add one more point to the list of things that I hate in the flight.

When you want to go to the restroom and the restroom is occupied, you end up standing in the middle waiting. It is ridiculous when the rest of the people look at you as you wait to relieve yourself from some pressure ;-) ;-)

Anyways.. Long post about something that I hate. How stupid! I should write more about things that I like, shouldn’t I? :-)

Have fun..

~Love
KrupA

6 comments:

Girish said...

Now there are two blogs on airline restrooms :) !! Yippee..

http://gmuz.blogspot.com/2007/02/airline-travel.html

Krupa said...

:) Yep Girish. You have done detailed analysis though.

Mine is kinda full of frustration ;-)
aisa lagta hai na language se? :D

C ya later..
~KrupA

Nova said...

Lol!!! It was fun reading ur post :) :) :)

Sathish said...

:)

Three times in a short flight... mmm .. ;-?

Well, is it we can write on and on, on what we don't like than the other way.... is it true?? :-?

Krupa said...

:) Pleasure Nova.

And Sathish.. yeah it was a short flight but no duration is short as compared to how much water you drink ;) I finish the bottles even during 3.5 hours of journey and before getting on the flight. :-P

Sathish said...

:).. more water... Thatz quite good..