Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tsk..Tsk.. The System tooo???

Can't Resist telling you about it.

This has happened earlier also. But today was the height of all.
I am trying to run some program in background and monitoring it. (It is called background job.)
It is not ending.
I thought it's just taking little more time, may be I can finish my other small task by then.
I finished other task but the job is still not ending. Let me check the logs.
It doesn't show up anything. (What's wrong?!?) Sigh!!!

There is a Team called Environment Managers(EM) team which takes care of the environments (read SAP R/3 systems).
I sent them an email with many screen shots in it. I expected some delay in even opening my email. I kept my supervisor in 'CC' list to increase little weight of my email. (Otherwise, who cares to open my email? )
I sent (another) email with 'high' importance.
After sometime, they said - "There doesn't seem to be any problem. If you try now, may be it will work"
And you know what? It worked!!

I don't understand what's happening and what's wrong. I accepted that bitter possibility that the system doesn't like me and then tried running the programs. After one successful execution, when I thought everything is alright and back, up again, the system showed up similar problem.

Bummer...............

I sent (one more) email and I literally wrote these words -
"I think, {system} doesn't like me anymore and wants 'EM(The Doctor of the system)'s attention' again. "

Latest update - The system is still not up for me. I could see the EMs having their tea in the building and roaming here and there to check their other work with other people.

:( My email is not being looked upon, I guess.

This is the proof that the humans don't like to work for my problems nor the system likes me anymore. :-( :-(

kRUPa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not everything in this world is as fast as you want it to be. Sometimes you should take a breather, walk around take a "stretch break" and leave the system alone :) !!

Sathish said...

mmm.. May be they didn't understand the second mail.. ;)

Anonymous said...

nicely worded incident ....good work gal !!! ...waise intezaar ka phal hamesha meetha hota hain ..;) ..... truly speaking the EMs were deadly busy that day ( i had kept them busy ;-) )))...

one expert advice , chk if some other job is taking long time , this might cause u r job to keep going on n on( dont hit me if thats not true ;-)))

Krupa said...

Ha??

You had kept them busy? (But who are you Mr/Ms Anonymous?)

Thanks for the comment. And your advice is well taken. and I did try to check the system log the job logs and also through SM50, I checked what all was running at that time. anyway.. it wasn't resolved that time.

However, They finally analysed the problem and found out that the system was low on memory and they have allocated the required memory now. :) I am hoping to see the good results very soon.:)

KrupA

Anonymous said...

Whisper sweet nothings to your PC!!! Deceptive Flatteries work everytime...